Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thank You GOD !!!

Just a few of the reasons that make my life so so wonderful…….

The time when we first went for a bite… And I ended up spending my last penny for your insatiable wish for chocolates…

The way you would search for me, when you needed company… And the way I would accompany you to accomplish those difficult tasks…

The way you would listen to my heart’s call… Even when we were far apart… And call me up… Instantly… To make my day…

The times when you would snatch my papers… As I would fumble with them, dropping them around… And put everything right in order, to keep safely with you…

Those midnight calls… When I would listen while you wept… Ready to absorb all you worries, and sadness… And that feeling of satisfaction when you would laugh in the end…

The ways in which I would tease you… Without fail… And you would run around chasing me… And I would let you catch me eventually…. While you would punch me in the arm as hard as you could… That wonderful pain which would make me laugh so much…

The things you would make me do… Which no one else in the world could… (Including making me eat ‘Black Dal’ which I hated for dear life...)

Those wake-up calls which you would make… To make me rise, and study… Without fail… Every day…

That tone of panic and sound of worry in your voice… When I was due for my eye-surgery… And the cute and funny ‘sms’… Which you would send to make me laugh and be at ease… Though you weren’t at ease at all…

The way we would fight… And you would go away… And how we would always make-up… Me with a sorry… You with a punch to my arm again…

Those priceless little gifts… Which you gave me… And which, I still don’t allow anyone to so much as touch…

Those long drives… With just the two of us… While you emptied all the sorrows of your heart… And then quietly listened to my advises…

That simply marvelous ‘curry’… That fabulous ‘Maggi’… That awesome ‘I-still-don’t-know-what’ that you made for me… And how I always ended up licking my fingers…

The way you would suggest something silly… And I would scold you… And eventually would run around to my wits end to try to please you…

The hours I would spend on the phone… Trying to put some sense in your mind…

The way you would scold me… For not eating properly… And then I would eat…

Those little things… Some difficult things… Which I would go any lengths to do for you… Just to see that smile on your face…

That power you had… To make me accompany you inside a girls shop… Thoroughly enjoying the embarrassment I felt…

The way you would clutch my hand… When we would cross a road…

That time, sitting on the steps… Together… Amidst drops raining from dark clouds down the walls… And tears raining from your eyes down your cheeks…

That moment when I faced a loaded gun… Aimed at me… Just to get to meet you…

Those achievements of yours… Which always made me so proud…

The deepest secrets… Which I only shared with you… Those chapters of my life… Which no one else knows about…

Those sleepless nights… I’ve spent worrying about you… Hoping that you slept peacefully…

The sheer cuteness of it… When you called me up two hours before midnight… On my Birthday… To be the first one to wish me… (And then realized that in all the excitement to wish me, you had miscalculated the date and were a day before…)

The way you would always know… When there was something troubling me… And really pester me till I confessed it to you… (And the cute helplessness you had on your face if the problem would be beyond your powers of fixing… But you tried all the same...)

The fact I always knew… That you are always there… Just a call away… Whenever I need your support…

The inspiration of never giving-up… Which just your remembrance brings to me… Whenever I feel down in the dumps…

The way you made me laugh…

The way you made me cry…

The way you made me smile… And still do…

The million goose-bumps I had… When you tied that thread around my wrist… Giving me the happiness I never had felt before…

And the way… You still pester me like anything… To get you a ‘Bhabhi’

I could go on for ever… But for the mist in my eyes… Just like every time I miss you so much… Not my fault though… Because my emotions for you… Tend to escape through the eyes…

I miss you Dearest Sis

For the fact that you are so far away… Though you are still in my heart… And will be…. For always…

*** Dedicated to my sisters with whom I was not lucky enough to be born in the same family… But feel like the luckiest person to have found them en-route my journey of life… ***

Thank you God !!!

12 comments:

  1. aww...thats lovely :)
    it's amusing how everyone's goin all senti on rakhi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came thurgh Indiblogger.

    Hey very nice expression of ur thoughts.

    http://meghanaunleashed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaddu :

    Yes. I am. :D Specially when it comes to sisters.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikita :

    Thanks for the appreciation. :)

    Well, I'm always so senty about my sisters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghana :

    Thanks for visiting. I'll be doing the same on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I did read this post either on last thursday or friday, but dint have time to reply. I hardly read long posts cos by the end they lose their charm and its more of a formality to complete reading...but this one failed to make me feel that formality thing... it was very interesting and i wondered if my brother would have written a post for me like this if he was a blogger...*Sigh* I know the answer...

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garima :

    Ohh.... I didn't know you had been reading my posts. Thanks.

    Well, if you felt reading this post was interesting, imagine how it would be for me actually living those experiences... :)

    I don't have a sister by birth, but the sisters I found, more than made up for that emptiness in my life. I think they were destined to be my sisters, only that they weren't born in my family... :)

    And who knows, your brother might have written something if he was a blogger too. You never know what brothers are capable of... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dun have sis.... my life is tasteless.... no 1 wants 2 become my sistr...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous :

    Well, whoever you are, I think there's a sister for everyone somewhere. I guess you just have to find her, wherever she is.

    And believe me, you'll see how your life changes when you find her... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww....very cute post. And thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...